Long-term use of pencils can lead to lead poisoning?
Published time :2019-04-16
According to reports, rumors have recently pointed out that pencils are the stationery that students use every day. Some students have the habit of "biting a pencil". In recent years, the "children's blood lead exceeds the standard" incident has been largely exposed to "biting a pencil". related.
So long-term use of pencils can cause lead poisoning?
In fact, people who have such questions often think that lead in pencil leads, using lead-containing pencils, may naturally lead to lead poisoning.
So, does the pencil lead contain lead? To answer this, we have to start with the origin and development of pencils. In the 16th century, in a place called Borrowdale in England, a black mineral, graphite, was discovered. Soon, some local shepherds found that they could use graphite to mark the sheep.
Later, in the Napoleonic army, there was an officer named Conte. After repeated trials, he mixed clay into the graphite and placed it in the kiln to make a pencil core that was very durable in the world.
Lead is toxic, and the main raw material for making pencil lead is graphite and clay. No metal is used at all. Of course, there is no poison. Of course, the habit of biting a pencil still needs to be changed. The wooden pole of the pencil is usually coated with colored pigments. If the pigment contains trace amounts of heavy metals or other harmful substances, these harmful substances tend to enter the human mouth during the biting process, and then swallowed.
In summary, there is no lead metal in the pencil lead that everyone uses. Therefore, the correct use of pencil will not lead to lead poisoning.